Sunday, July 22, 2007

Children's Art Festival

On Saturday Nate and I helped my mom at the Children's Art Festival, which is put on by Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation. The whole festival is free and has several art booths for kids and families. I worked for Parks and Rec. in high school and then my first to years of college.

Foster Care Resources (where my mom works) volunteered to run a booth at the festival. The booth was called Fish Prints but my mom and I affectionately call it Dead Fish. I have been helping my mom for years and this year we roped Nate into helping!! Te he!! We were pretty thankful that it didn't rain during the festival and that it also wasn't blazing hot.

Some of our favorite questions that we heard from both parents and kids:

"Are those fish real?"
"Are those real fish or dead fish?"
This last question was asked while I was washing a fish off, "When you put the fish in the water, will it come alive?"
Our legs and feet were so sore by the time we were done. We didn't smell too pretty either!

Enjoy the pictures!

My mom and Nate in the booth. Nate tried to get my mom to pose but it didn't work so well!!

One of the finished products. Beautiful.

Painting the fish. When the child was done we took the paper and put it on top to make the print.

Wash that fish!!

Nate's fish looks well painted. I think I'm holding a rock cod. They made good prints.

Feel free to leave comments! If the pictures are too small just click on them to enlarge. We hope you all had a relaxing weekend.

No comments: