Thursday, August 2, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us

On Sunday, Nate and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We really can't believe that it has already been a year. Nate and I came home to our apartment on Sunday and he had a surprise waiting for me. I had dropped some hints about what I might like for our anniversary. He spent Friday night and Saturday morning putting together a new desk for me a new bookshelf for our living room. It is starting to look like a library in there!! He is soo sneaky! I love my new desk. Nate rearranged the office/guest room. His old desk, aka card table, is in the closet and he has comandeered my old desk. Thanks Nate!


Here is a picture of the new desk. Don't mind the old hunk of junk computer. That thing has been more trouble than it is worth when I got it in 2000. I really would like it to go out Office Space style, you know up in smoke in a parking lot. In college I always joked that if there was ever a fire in my aprartment I would toss that thing out of my window then jump! Never happened!! Shoot. Thank goodness for my new laptop!! On to the picture!

We went to dinner at a cute Mexican restaurant in Kirkland called Cactus. I call it gourmet Mexican food! Yummy! The last time we went to dinner there was around when Nate just moved over here in 2005. Last time we had the most delicious Chocolate Lava Cake dessert but sadly they don't have it anymore. We had a banana dessert instead. Tasty! After stuffing ourselves at Cactus we decided to go see a movie. We went and saw "No Reservations". It was pretty good. It wasn't nearly as much about food as I thought it would be but it was still good.

We are planning on going to Cannon Beach, OR the weekend of the 11th. I'm pretty excited. That is one my favorite vacation spots, after Hawaii of course. We haven't been to Cannon Beach since 2005. On our way home from that trip I drove Nate to his job interview at his current job.

I'll leave you with a picture of the flowers that Nate got me. We actually had mini purple Calla Lily's in our wedding. Perfect!






No comments: